Friday, September 13, 2013

Iggy Azalea - Change Your Life (feat. T.I.)



First off, let me apologize for the prolonged absence from Teen Dreamin'. I suppose for me to really be inspired to write I need to be in a certain state of mind, a state of mind I lacked the whole summer. But that's a story not important to what's going on right now. I think I needed a trigger to really inspire me to write and it was Iggy Azalea's latest single, and more importantly her music video for 'Change Your Life' which had me ready to type away. Off her upcoming debut studio album The New Classic (such an on point name), 'Change Your Life' is a hell of a single to compete with the likes of her past efforts 'Work', 'Murda Bizness', and  'Pussy', but this single and video no doubt have Iggy all over the scene and a guaranteed artist who's moved past the ever-so-daunting one-hit wonder stigma. Singing on repeat "I'm a change your life", Iggy let's us all know the ultimate truth, she is changing our lives, or at least mine. Full of visuals that'll have you on the edge of your seat, this stunning video has everything we want in a music video; boobs, insane fashion, a car on fire, an arrest, burlesque dancers, fire, and a baby tiger. So far from normal, yet being obsessed seems like an understatement.

If it wasn't her songs that caught your attention recently, then it could very well have been her numerous appearances at this years New York Fashion Week. Sitting front row at shows like Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jeremy Scott, Dion Lee, and many more, Iggy has now earned the greatest gift any artist could ever get, a special place in the hearts of fashion's finest. Already this month you can find Iggy on the cover of fashion magazines POP and Oyster and I'm sure it won't be her last.

No comments:

Post a Comment